For members of the British-Slovene Society only:
Notice is hereby given that The Annual General Meeting of the British-Slovene Society will be held at 3 pm on Tuesday 9 June 2020 online via Zoom. Any member may join the session.
- To receive and adopt the Report of the Trustees and Accounts for the year ended 30 Sept 2019
- To re-elect the following as Trustees, who retire by rotation and are offered for re-election: Evelina Ferrar, Igor Cesarec, Miha Košak, Mateja Somen
- To appoint a Secretary for the forthcoming year.
- To appoint a Chairman for the forthcoming year. David Lloyd has indicated his willingness to continue in office.
- To approve the Minutes of the AGM held on 22 May 2019.
- Any Other Business.
David Lloyd, Chairman
Please confirm your attendance by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be sent an invitation to join the Zoom session together with instructions. You may also receive BSS Accounts for the year ending 30th September 2019 and the Chairman’s Statement.
In case you cannot attend the AGM and wish to vote, please use the Form of Proxy: BSS-2020-AGM-Form-of-proxy
See an article by Keith Miles and Edmond Phillimore in Slovene periodical Družina. It is about a journey by Admiral Horatio Nelson through Slovene lands in 1800, and three admirals who came from present-day Slovenia: Lord Nelson in trije admirali
Slovenes undoubtedly belong to the European cultural tradition. How did this happen? According to scholar Aleš Iglič of the University of Ljubljana, this already happened a long time ago, and Romans and Christian missionaries played a big role. Click here to read his article.
Društvo v tujini izobraženih Slovencev (VTIS) vabi na novo serijo webinarjev “Ideje iz sveta”, na katerih bodo njeni člani delili znanje, izkušnje in ideje iz vseh koncev sveta o trenutno najbolj aktualnih temah.
Prva tema bo – morda nepresenetljivo – COVID-19. Trije člani VTIS-a, ki aktivno sodelujejo pri zmanjševanju posledic virusa, bodo v soboto, 9. maja ob 19.00 CEST, preko Zoom-a z nami delili svoje raznoliko znanje in izkušnje iz prve roke o razvoju testiranj okužbe, 3D tiskanju zaščitnih mask in o preučevanju ekonomskih posledic pandemije.
Seminarji so brezplačni in odprti za vsakogar. Število mest pa je omejeno.
Več o dogodku: